1849, incorporating earlier building currently under
conversion. Quadrangular steading with ancillary buildings
and altered courtyard elevations. Whinstone rubble with
S ELEVATION: cartshed and granary: sited to right, recently
converted 4 segmentally arched cart openings with chamfered
arrises, and 4 square granary openings above. Forestair to
granary door in W gable end. Rubble range to left, raised for
barn at outer left. 2 square ashlar gatepiers with pyramid
caps and rubble walls at centre gateway.
W ELEVATION: gabled projection off centre to right with gable
window and 2, 2-bay cottages with additional door on S
elevation. Octagonal horsemill at centre, adjoining range
with higher ridge running N. Window blocked to N, window to
NW and 2 doorways to SW. Circular section bing brick stalk
(late 19th century) with moulded neck, set in re-entrant
angle between horsemill and cart and granary to left. Hayloft
with gabled dormer breaking eaves to left of stalk and
segmental arch flanked by 2 square headed openings with
sliding doors to outer left; 2 square granary windows above.
Enclosed court to outer right by projecting wing, formed by
rubble parapet wall with ashlar coping.
Ashlar coped skews; grey slates.