1824. 2-storey, 3-bay classically detailed house with single
storey wings. Rubble red sandstone with grey and red ashlar
S ELEVATION: corniced, pilastered doorpiece with panelled door
and decorative fanlight; tripartite windows flanking at ground
and single window to each 1st floor bay. Slightly recessed
single bay, single storey wings flanking, each with window
and ashlar tablet above parapet. Hoodmoulds to windows;
moulded eaves cornice with blocking course and fluted tablet
N ELEVATION: piend-roofed stair block projecting at centre,
flanked at ground by lean-to service buildings, projecting
slightly at right and with very small and 1 regular sized
windows. Gabled single storey projection of outer wing to
left, with door and window on W return.
E ELEVATION: single storey elevation of wing in 2 builds
with 2 windows flanking small window; roof swept in piend
to 2-storey gable behind at left.
W ELEVATION: tripartite window in single storey wing.
12-pane glazing pattern in sash and case windows. 5 ashlar
polygonal wallhead end stacks on rubble base to E, 4 to W.
Grey-green slates to piend roof.
STABLE RANGE: L-plan earlier 19th century stable gig-house
sited close to rear of house, and adjoined to high coped
rubble walls forming service court.
WALLED GARDEN: rubble sandstone walled garden to S of house,
with brick lining to S end, and partly coped with squared