Late 18th century, probably doubled in size to W, circa 1825.
2-storey classically detailed mansion with single storey
wings. Rubble red sandstone with ashlar dressings and mid 19th
century canted windows, and pink harling to wings and in
part to side elevations. Eaves cornice and blocking course.
E ELEVATION: 3 2-storey bays with centre bay advanced and
pedimented with blind oculus, moulded door surround, rounded
at corners, with hoodmould above and blank, diamond flanked
shield in frieze; decorative fanlight. Canted parapet windows
flanking at ground intercepting centre bay; single window
to each bay at 1st floor. Piend roofs to single bay slightly
recessed wings; left wing with stone mullioned bipartite,
right wing with garage door inserted.
S ELEVATION: with 2 wings, 1 modern and flat-roofed. Tall
margin-glazed stair window margined windows.
W ELEVATION: 3-bay. Asymmetrical windows. Service door in
slightly recessed piend-roofed wing to left. 12-pane glazing
pattern to sash and case windows, end stacks rendered and
lined partly repaired in brick. Some original cans retained.
Grey slates to piend roofs.
PIERS AND GARDEN WALLS: grey ashlar gatepiers of cross-plan to
S, each with simple entablature and cavetto cornice below
pyramidal cap. Ashlar coped rubble and rubble garden walls to
W, adjoined to outbuildings and with terrace wall to ground