Circa 1540, 3-storey tower extended E in 17th century to
farm gabled tithe barn. Rubble with ashlar dressings;
quoins of early tower evident. Oblong plan. Chamfered
arrises to openings; some blocked. Timber lintel to wide
barn door inserted later. Thick stone slates.
S ELEVATION: 2 centre bays with symmetrical
fenestration. Broad doorway to right with 1st and 2nd
floor windows as above. Rubble forestair with ashlar
steps to outer left leading to tower doorway. Lower
doorway by W re-entrant formed by forestair at ground.
Much weathered panel by quoins, under eaves to W, with
armorial of Bishop Crawford.
N ELEVATION: W bays of tower slightly raised with small
irregular openings. Doorway to barn proper at E end
with 2 small irregular windows by centre.
E AND W GABLES: crowstepped with 2 gable head lights to
each, blocked to W gable with arrow slit below to
vaulted base of tower.
INTERIOR: vaulted room at base of original tower. Timber
beams of former floors remaining to barn and upper
tower. Evidence of former fireplace a E end of dividing
wall and doorway to upper floor at the W of N wall.