Monogrammed Peddie and Kinnear, Edinburgh, dated 1865.
Quadrangular steading incorporating house to W;
enclosing 2 covered cattle courts now altered to modern
use. Mixed sandstone and whinstone rubble, possibly
using building material already on site with grey
sandstone dressings, chamfered arrises to major
S RANGE: 11-bay entrance front encompassing 2 five-
arched cart sheds with granaries above; segmentally
arched pend to central gabled block. Window with roll-
moulded cill course above to crowstepped gabled
dormerheads to each side. Range terminates in gable
ends; window at ground and 1st floor to left, arched
cart opening to right with wooden doors, window above.
W RANGE: comprising 2 stables each of 8 stalls to N,
granaries with loft to S. Crowstepped L-plan gabled
cottage left of centre adjoining blank outside wall of
steading. Single storey with partial attic, entrance
through porch in re-entrant angle. Sash and case
windows with 12-pane glazing pattern. Boiler house to
S with crowstepped gables and slit window, brick stalk
with ashlar base adjoining at left.
N AND E RANGES: accommodating further stables and
granary, now adapted for modern use. Range, probably
incorporating earlier steading adjoining house to E,
comprising of cart shed with 2 drum piers supporting
lintel, and 2 outhouses.
Grey slates, crowstepped gables, beak skewputts;
moulded skews to dormers, corbelling to SW corner.
Single brick stack to cottage.