Late 18th century, 2-storey, 3-bay farmhouse originally
E-W orientated; re-orientated with additions by Peddie
and Kinnear, dated 1865. Random whinstone rubble,
harled, with sandstone dressings, stone mullions to
bipartites. Single storey outbuildings to N.
E ELEVATION: gabled wing addition to farmhouse at E with
entrance to turret in SE re-entrant angle. Curved
6 panel door with moulded architraves, hoodmould and
date plaque, 1856. 2 windows to turret flanking door,
bipartite above with moulded cill course, eaves course.
Single bay of older house to left with window at each
floor. Taller windows at ground and 1st floor of later
wing to right; 1st floor window breaking eaves in gables
dormer with corbelled hoodmould, blank plaque to
gablehead. Gable end of wing rounded on returns,
corbelling out to eaves. 2 tall, narrow windows at
ground floor, bipartite at 1st floor, arrow-slit to
W ELEVATION: former front of house; 2-storey, 3-bay,
grouped towards centre. Window to each bay at each
floor, bipartite to outer left at ground. Doorway
probably formerly to centre.
N AND S ELEVATIONS: Blank wall to later wing to N,
single storey service addition to farmhouse with window
to left at ground, 2 windows at 1st floor, small opening
Window to each floor to S gable wall.
Sash and case windows, predominantly 12-pane glazing
Grey slates to gables, dormer and conical roof of
turret. Crowstepped gables and beak skewputts added
1865. Ashlar coped stacks; shouldered wallhead stack to
N wing. Some decorative cans and gutter features.
INTERIOR: Original plasterwork and woodwork survives.