Earlier-mid 19th century improvement steading, with few
later alterations. 2 E-plan courts to steading; long
range to NW, cattle court jambs SE, with threshing mill
abutting to SW. Additional U-plan cattle court to SW.
Random whinstone rubble; broad droving to sandstone
dressings, crowstepped gables. All pantiled.
Cartshed with loft opposite farmhouse; cart openings much
altered. Stone forestair at centre to loft door,
breaking eaves in piended slated roof; windows to loft
flanking. 2 cattle courts forming E-plan, extensively
modernised and re-roofed. Former horsemill abutting to
W, filled in later with stack projecting to S; base
Circa 1873 piend-roofed E-plan cattle courts to W with
unusual cantilevered roof; feed openings to courts.
Gatepiers removed for vehicular access. Piend-roofed
cartshed with 2 iron pillars to S of similar date.