Probably late 19th centry. Highly individual broad-eaved
2-storey Italianate villa with "campanile" on west flank,
rising a storey higher; windows (single and mullioned) have
very unusual Moorish arched heads. Circa 1930 rear (N)
wing reproduces original detailing. Important interior.
Snecked bull-faced red ashlar, some windows with decorative
iron balconies; T-shaped glazing; with casements.
Asymmetrical shallow-pitched rooflines (piended slate
roofs). Campanile is rectangular in section; S elevation
well-composed with "campanile" recessed left, in individually
roofed bay, right bay slightly lower.
East-facing central entrance bay in shallow-recessed panel,
door with wide pilasters, giant arched head, pilastered
window over linked to eaves.
Interior: remarkably unaltered and continuing Moorish theme on
ceilings, polychrome-tiled hall floor, free-standing tiled
and columned ornamental octagonal dummy fountain hall and
arched chimney piece; original wall coverings; arched
doorways; painted leaded glass panels; stair with <>