James Gillespie Graham 1823, built as an Inn. Single-storey,
good coursers with margins, front elevation central advanced
piended pavilion with central panelled door with 4-light
fanlight flanked by narrower windows, 1 window in each of
outer bays, 2-window gables, piended roof with platform,
low twin stacks and tiny dormer at apex of central piend.
All openings have slanting hoods integral with the lintel,
original woodwork and glazing front elevation, gables and
surviving 1-window end sections of rear elevation
modernised. Central section of rear elevation rebuilt in
Statement of Special Interest
Built as Cairns Castle Coaching Inn, Gillespie being a
co-signatory of the feu disposition, sold to Mid Calder
School Board 187<> closed 1915 and sold as bothy.
Repaired and partly re-constructed 1972.