Alan Stevenson, 1849. Lighthouse; medium height circular
tower, all tooled coursed ashlar with contrasting painted
ashlar dressings. Corbelled wallhead balcony with cast-iron
balustrade and domed diamond-pane lantern. Semicircular,
single storey building encircles part of base; projecting
Egyptian style doorpiece to entrance.
Keepers' Houses; pair single storey 4-bay houses; painted
tooled ashlar, contrasting painted ashlar dressings. Each
with projecting Egyptian porch with coved cornice, similar
cornice to projecting outer bay and with lower single storey,
single bay wings and rear channelled, battered angle
pilasters. 12-pane glazing; tall corniced stacks; flat roofs.
Lighthouse and cottages linked by low coped tooled ashlar
wall enclosing centre paved court.
Offices; single storey, 7-bay range comprising gighouse with
segmental headed entrance, former stables and stores; later
enlarged entrance at extreme right; all rubble with
contrasting tooled dressings; mural vents; pair ridge stacks;
corrugated asbestos roof.