Later 18th century front portion of double pile house with
extensive additions and alterations of varying 19th century
dates. 2-storey, symmetrical 3-bay front with single storey
and attic, single bay piended wings set back at gables. Later
Frontage white harled with contrasting painted details; side
and rear elevations all rubble with tooled rubble dressings.
Centre door in south front masked by mid 19th century
projecting square porch with round-headed keystoned doorway.
All front windows with 1830-40 square hoodmoulds; long windows
flank centre door.
Centre rear bay gabled and crowstepped with long circa
1830-40 Gothic Y-traceried stair window; projecting flanking
wings from U-plan court partially infilled by low single
storey gabled mid 19th century centre porch flanked by
crowstepped bays with pointed headed windows.
Further mid-later 19th century, 2-storey 3-bay double pile
(of separate builds) wing at SW with 2 wallhead gables at SE
Mainly 4- and 12-pane glazing; end and apex stacks, with some
decorative chimney cans; Caithness slate roofs. Interior;
original later 18th century entrance hall and flanking rooms
re-cast in mid-19th century with staircase of that date
rising through rear pile, horseshoe fronted 1st floor landing
below corbelled and braced timber roof decorated with shields
bearing family coats of arms. Shaped balusters and decorative
newels; landing supported by ornately carved brackets;
decorative plaster ceiling cornice in entrance hall. Moulded
and panelled doorpieces with segmental headed doors with
Y-traceried upper glazed panels. Later 18th chimney piece in
right portion of entrance hall; modern chimney piece to left.
Small barrel ceilinged drawing room in SW wing.
Various changes of level internally; small blocked stair-case