Originally early 19th century, restored after fire by John
Mackenzie, Portree, 1891. Coursed rubble; contrasting pale
sand-stone dressings to dovecot. Large U-plan farm square
open to south: 3 stage dovecot tower at SW (with ground floor
workshop and heated room 1st floor); flightholes within small
arched recesses; bracketted alighting ledges; deep eaves;
pyramidal slate roof. 2 storey rear range with 3 cart arches,
and granary vents at 1st floor; ramp to granary; wheel gable
(no wheel) to east. Saw mill to east (in working order).
Single storey, 8 bay west range as dwelling, harled with
modern box dormer and centre projecting porch.
Statement of Special Interest
East range contains threshing machine by R G Morton, Errol
Works, with original maintenance instructions dated 1878.
Farmhouse (1801, James Gillespie Graham) demolished.