James Ferguson, Superintendant, 1820-22. Gothic stable range
with crenellated central tower; coursed dark rubble,
contrasting pale sandstone dressings. East facing 2 storey, 9
bay range with large square corbelled and crenellated tower
at centre. Single bipartite under square hoodmould at ground
and upper storey in tower; blind at upper storey rear.
Tower flanked by symmetrical 3 bay stable ranges with centre
doors, and by outer, slightly advanced carriage houses with
large Tudor arched entrances. All windows and doors with
pointed heads; ground floor windows longer than 1st floor;
Gothic glazing. 1 ridge chimney (north range); piended roof,
slated only at north.
Rear elevation: 1st floor window pattern continues; pointed
arched door at base of tower.
Interior: 6 remaining stalls each fronted by Gothic arcaded
wooden bays, with original halter pegs outside each stall.