Dated 1851. Long, high 3-storey barn/byre with 11 bay north
and south elevations. Squared rubble with tooled ashlar
dressings; considerable rendering and some alterations to
south elevation, which has substantial centre gabled
hoist-loft serving both 1st and loft floors, with double leaf
plank doors to each.
Symmetrical fenestration to east and west gables; centre door
in east gable under square window, flanked by further windows
in ground and 1st floors; paired pointed-headed triple
lancets light loft; datestone in centre of gable. Regularly
disposed single lancets vent and light loft in north
elevation. Continuous blocked detailing to eaves cornice and
to plain bargeboarded gables; slate roof with 3 truncated
Interior; ground floor as byre.
Statement of Special Interest
Very unusual building for 1851. Byre in ground floor follows
practice of large estates in Lochaber of combining byre and
barn (as Drumnatorran, 1828, Strontian, Ardnamurchan and also Glencrispesdale, Morvern, c. 1878).
Former lean-to wing across N. elevation now demolished.