Samuel Barham, 1880. Asymmetrical 2-storey building with rear
U-plan court. Entrance to house in west elevation and to
estate office in east. All rendered concrete.
Manager's house; near symmetrical 3-bay fenestration with
centre door grouped slightly off-centre. Long 4-bay south
facing front elevation with gabled wing projecting slightly
Estate office; irregular 4-bay elevation (2 bays in gable
end) with off-centre door and some blind windows.
Slated and glazed canopy projects above ground floor windows,
supported by wooden brackets and encircling building except
at north. Bipartites and tripartites; multi-pane glazing;
hoodmoulds to some windows; decorative bargeboards to gable
ends; corniced ridge stacks; slate roofs projecting over
Statement of Special Interest
Built on site of old Achranich Farmhouse demolished in 1880.
Various farm buildings of interest in group to east of estate
office including (now much altered) barn of 1851 the parallel
coachhouse range in concrete by Samuel Barham dated 1871 and
concrete cattle court of 1890.