House: later 19th century, symmetrical 2-storey, 5-bay house
with rear wing. Painted, weatherboarded house on brick
foundations with contrasting painted architraves; SW front
masked at ground floor by continuous decorative cast-iron
partially glazed verandah. Centre door; longer ground floor
windows than in 1st floor; centre ground and 1st floor window
in SE return gable, and in NW with paired diminutive 1st
floor fenestration. Moulded wooden architraves; 12-pane
glazing; some external window shutters; paired centre ridge
stacks with original decorative coped cans; shallow piended
2-storey, 2-bay rear wing, earlier 19th century house; harled
with centre ridge stack and piended slate roof.
Walled garden; earlier 19th century walled garden on SW
sloping site; coped rubble walls, higher at rear and rounded
to front. NE face of rear wall filled by continuous lean-to
range of bothies, some with windows and with door to garden,
terminating with single storey, 3-bay cottage with end stacks
and slate roof.
Statement of Special Interest
Glenmorvern estate bought in 1824 from Argyll Estates by Miss
Christina Stewart of Edinburgh; rear cottage wing probably
that completed by 1841. Unusual wall cladding for Highland
Single storey and attic, gardener's 2-bay cottage in grounds
to rear of main house not included in listing.