STEADING; dated 1854. Symmetrical classical facade to
steading with some original work retained behind. Rubble
with droved ashlar dressings.
S ELEVATION: tall gabled bay at centre, advanced with
segmentally arched pend and flight holes to loft above;
weathervane at apex. Flanking walls to left and right.
Advanced end bays; tall and quasi-pavilion in form, each
with recessed arched panels at centre, impost blocks,
cornice and blocking course, the latter raised above arch.
Doorways in recessed panels, blocked to window at right,
and with hayloft door above at left. Former stable
behind facade at right, with high windows, and 3 cattle
courts beyond, bounded at E by former cottages/offices.
Asbestos roofing to main facade with pantiles to end
pavilion bays and E range.
Modern warehousing to NW.
CARTSHED: circa 1854. 2-storey, gabled cartshed range
of 7 bays, possibly incorporating earlier building.
Rubble with droved ashlar dressings.
N ELEVATION: 7 segmentally arched cartshed openings with
chamfered arrises to piers. Small shuttered openings
above under eaves, with centre window lowered as hayloft
S ELEVATION: small windows under eaves to loft with outer
right lowered to doorway.
E GABLE: rubble forestair with renewed steps leading to
doorway at left.
W GABLE: blank. Red and grey pantiled roof.
INTERIOR: cast-iron columns supporting timber hayloft