John Bennie Wilson, Architect. Dated 1884. Rectangular-plan
Gothic church with 5 irregular bays. Snecked rubble with
polished ashlar dressings, battered plinth and buttresses.
End bays gabled, those at south west and northwest with
pairs of lancets; at south east, low, octagonal, 2-stage
tower with projecting, gabled porch to east and entrance
under pointed, moulded head. East gable with 2 small cusped
lights and 2 tall windows above with slender shafts and
geometric tracery; 3 narrow slits in gable head and cross
finials. Remaining windows lancets. Small gabled bellcote.
Lower session-house extension to west. Slate roof with
red ridge tiles. Plain interior with gallery at east
end. Gableted gate piers and good cast-iron gates and