Sir Robert Lorimer, 1898. 2-storey roughly L-plan house
with single storey later extension to W. Harled with
ashlar cills. 1st floor set-off at intervals.
E ELEVATION: round arched porch by re-entrant angle to
right of recessed S wing with 2 grouped windows to left
and roof swept over ground floor. Single storey
flat-roofed service bay adjoining at left with bipartite.
N wing at right angles to doorway, with flanking,
full-height 5-light canted bay to right; M-gable roof with
carved detail in valley; circular angle turret to right.
Cone-roofed with 3 narrow single lights at ground and 1st
floors. Rectangular porch addition at centre, flat-roofed
with single windows and door at left side. 2 small
N ELEVATION: advanced gabled bay to right with gable
head slit and carved details; single storey rectangular
projection added at centre by re-entrant angle with
multi-light canted window. 2 bays of single storey
addition to outer right. Assorted window sizes, 1, 2, 4
and 5 lights. Angle turret to left, as above.
W ELEVATION: asymmetrical openings with projecting
outbuilding to right and gabled single storey extension to
Harled stacks with ashlar coping. Grey slates.
Drum gatepiers of rubble with semi-circular caps. Rubble
boundary wall with semi-circular coping.