Later 19th century with later additions. 2-storey; 3-bay; rectangular-plan; house; with rear wing (probably formerly stable block) to N, forming overall L-plan; small single storey addition to E. Symmetrical design; original lying-pane glazing. Coursed stugged sandstone to principal (S) elevation; less finely coursed sandstone/coursed rubble elsewhere (rear of main block harled); ashlar dressings. Architraved openings to main block. Coped gables.
S (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: central block pedimented entrance. 2-leaf panelled timber door with rectangular fanlight. Flanking windows to each floor and above.
Plain eaves cornice and vertical margins at arrises. Small; harled; single storey; lean-to addition with low pitched roof to outer right.
W ELEVATION: gable end of main block to outer right; window to left to each floor. Former stable block projects to left; altered/inserted openings to ground floor (including late 20th century conservatory to right), 2 windows to 1st floor; window to each floor to right return.
N ELEVATION: central window to 1st floor of main block; small window to left. Entrance with window to right to single storey addition to outer left. Former stable block adjoins main block at right angles to right; inserted openings and lean-to addition to ground floor; pair of windows to 1st floor.
Mainly 12-pane lying-pane timber sash and case windows to original sections. Grey slate roofs to original sections (that to former stable block is piended). Corniced gablehead
stacks to either side of main block; coped stack to former stable block; round and octagonal cans.
INTERIOR: largely intact, including door furniture. Inner doors to principal entrance retain good stained glass leaded panels of circa 1900. Moulded cast-iron balustrade to staircase.
GATES AND BOUNDARY WALL: rubble boundary wall, partially with rounded coping. Original cast-iron gate incorporating fleur-de-lys finials to S.