Probably late 18th century, 3-bay house with various substantial 19th and 20th century additions.
S ELEVATION: 3-bay central section, earlier house, possibly originally 3-storey, now with ground and tall 1st floor, matching storey heights with pavilions. Tall 3-storey pavilions. W pavilion early 19th century, small window in ground and 2nd floor, tripartite to 1st floor. E pavilion added to balance circa 1910.
W ELEVATION: tall advanced canted wing probably marginally post-dates W pavilion. Modern flat-roofed projecting porch in re-entrant angle, formerly continuing to right at ground.
Early house and W pavilion rubble-built with ashlar margins and quoins; E pavilion and W canted wing, harled. 12-pane glazing pattern to sash and case windows retained. Slate roofs.
Additional modern rear extensions. Walled service court, early 19th century adjoining E elevation.
INTERIOR: some original interior work retained. Fine plaster cornice with decorative plasterwork panel above and fine plaster cornice to 1st floor drawing room of canted bay.
Rubble boundary wall to N.