Circa 1865, possibly by A and W Reid of Elgin. French-style, 2-storey L-plan lodge to Forglen House (see notes), with advanced 2-stage tower in re-entrant angle. Harled with ashlar margins; base course, eaves course, stone mullions, string courses and hoodmoulds to tower.
E ELEVATION: tower at centre; round-arched doorway at ground with rope-effect moulding in stop-chamfered surround, hoodmould with masque label stops enclosing armorial panel, continued as string course. Deep-set boarded door with radial fanlight. Round-arched lancet to each return. Rope moulded string course at 2nd stage raised over bull's-eye window, tall, narrow window above to each elevation, breaking eaves in gabled dormerheads with finials. Fish-scale slates to pyramidal roof with weathervane. Gable end adjoining to left; piended, canted window at ground floor, bipartite to gablehead. Single
recessed bay to right; tripartite at ground, pedimented dormer breaking eaves at 1st floor.
S ELEVATION: broad, gabled bay to centre; piended, canted bay at ground, round arched bipartite with armorial panel recessed above to gablehead. Crenellated curtain wall with coped ashlar parapet extending to W at ground, terminating in conical-roofed turret.
Curtain wall enclosing courtyard at rear. Sash and case windows with plate glass sashes. Grey slates, fish-scale to tower, turret and canted bays. Paired octagonal corniced stacks to centre. Decorative rainwater fixtures retained.
GATEPIERS AND GATES: 4 gatepiers; carriage gates at centre flanked by pedestrian gates; ashlar, with nailhead rustication (N and S faces), urn finials crowned with obelisks. Outer piers overgrown. Cast-iron gates, scrolled, incorporating initials A and B with gold leaf.
Ashlar coped retaining walls extending to main road.