A and W Reid of Elgin, dated 1881. Rectangular plan, 4-bay church in Gothic style, on site of earlier building aligned E-W with session house/vestry adjoining to N. Squared and coursed, stugged whinstone, coursed and pinned rubble to N and W contrasting stugged ashlar dressings in pale pink granite. Pointed-arch bipartite windows, ashlar hood-moulds with rosette label stops, base course, set-off buttresses to corners.
E ELEVATION: entrance and belfry to E gable. Darker whinstone at ground below stepped string course. Pointed arched doorway with nook-shafts, roll-moulded surround, hood-mould with masque label stops. Steps to deep-set 2-leaf boarded door with large scroll and leaf pattern cast-iron hinges. 2 small windows flanking. Bipartite above, round panel with trefoil motif to gablehead. Ashlar gabled belfry arched over date plaque with bell and cruciform finial.
S ELEVATION: 3 tall bipartites, small bipartite to outer right with round quatrefoil window above (lighting stair).
W ELEVATION: 2 tall single light windows, rose window between to gablehead, cruciform finial above. Session house adjoining to N; bipartite at ground with arrow-slit opening above to gablehead. Re-used belfry dated 1638, with pediment and sculptured finials.
N ELEVATION: as S, with session house/vestry adjoining to NW, door in re-entrant angle with stop chamfered surround, gable to E with window at ground, arrow-slit to attic. Small leaded panes to windows, some stained border glazing. Blue-grey slates, ashlar coped skews with bracketed gablet skewputts.
INTERIOR simple, with grained woodwork; blind arcaded timber gallery to E end on cast-iron columns, coomb ceiling with trefoil motif to collar braces.
GRAVEYARD: coped rubble retaining walls, re-used urn finial marking gatepier to W. Fine 17th and 18th century table-top gravestones.