Built 1840 as parish church. Gothic. Gabled, tall and rectangular-plan, 2-bay flanks with pointed windows, delicate
intersecting tracery, sash windows with timber astragals; 2 lights
on SW gable, flanking pulpit, are plainer, metal-framed and fixed.
Piend-roofed porch on NE gable; jamb on rear (SE) wall not original. Harled, unmargined openings, slated roofs with skews and ball finials.
Inside, seating looks altered (in 2 ranks, with centre passageway,
but pews at front and rear are shorter while the remainder seem
to have been lengthened; most likely there was once a long communion table central?). Panelled pulpit with integral precentor's box beneath, hexagonal sounding board above.
Statement of Special Interest
Ecclesiastical building in use as such.
Superceded a building of the 1780's, as the parish church, built
by Alexander MacLeod of Rodel, and which was described in
the NSA entry (1839) as "now in ruins").
Set a distance back from the main road, behind a burial ground
of early date.