Probably late 18th century, extended 1849. L-plan house and steading range.
HOUSE: originally single storey, 3-bay with small windows. Raised to 2-storey, presumably circa 1849, with 3 asymmetrically placed windows. Hipped dormers added to attic later. Front walls lime washed, side and rear walls harled. At N end set back extension with hipped roof, small catslide roofed outshot on N. Ground floor and dormer windows 4-pane sash and case; 1st floor windows 12-pane sash and case. Gable end chimney stacks with modern cans. Roof slightly bell cast, slated over skews, Scotch slate.
STEADING: to S of house, adjoining. Whinstone rubble with sandstone dressings. Lintel dated 1849.
MAIN SECTION: single storey and attic, 5-bay. At S end gabled loading bay to attic. Picture window inserted in centre. Openings irregularly spaced. Roof slated, with stone ridge. At rear later brick extensions, much altered. Range forming L to E at S end, with hipped roof. Garage door inserted in N wall. Outshot at SE corner with catslide roof. Rear walls harl pointed. Roof slated. Interior of main range includes stable with cast iron and wood trevises and wooden mangers, and byre with stone slab or concrete trevises and fireclay mangers. In S elevation, to left of outshot, door with chamfered reveals and lintel carved with IS AB 1688, probably reinserted.