1899-1901, William H Howie, architect. Red sandstone, snecked
bull-nosed rubble, with ashlar. Gothic, irregular plan. Scotch slate roof, ogee gutters.
CHURCH STREET ELEVATION: Buttressed gable, narrower than body of church, with gablet cope and cross finial tall 5-light window, plain tracery with cinquefoil head. Lower part of window blind. Cill course, hoodmould stepped down to buttresses. At ground 3 bipartite windows with cusped heads. Deep based-course. To left set-back gabled porch with double doorway approached by railed steps, arched head containing central vesica and blind ocular. Cross finial further left
octagonal stair lower with lancet on front face, hoodmould, pyramidal roof with wrought-iron finial. To right set back small door and octagonal stair tower as on left, but with small window at ground. Transept beyond.
SOUTH ELEVATION: Body of church has 3 lancet windows with Y tracery
separated by buttresses, to left, with semi octagonal apse set back at far left. To right 2-storey gabled vestry block, with stair tower on extreme right. Vestry has low door on right at ground, bipartite to left, with louvered heads to windows, 2 bipartites at first with
stained and leaded glass. Chimney on left gable, with later boiler-house chimney in re-entrant.
EAST ELEVATION: Gable of main range, with plain cope, gableted skewputs. Semi-octagonal apse with simple traceried three-light central window, lancets on flanks.
NORTH ELEVATION: To right 3 bay 'transept', with three-light lancet
windows at first, tripartites at ground, latter with segment heads and relieving arches. Stair tower to left of transept, with lancet on N face. In body of church 2 small Y-traceried windows with curved cills. Doorway in re-entrant with moulded segment head.