Built 1848 for Caledonian Railway. 2-storey L plan coursed rubble building on modified L plan. Crow-stepped slate roof gables with ogee skewputs. Windows with double-chamfered reveals.
PLATFORM ELEVATION: Gable of main range, with tripartite window on ground floor with 4 paned sashes. Single window at attic level. Ball finial. Set back wing in similar style, with L-plan chimney stack in angle. Domestic range at rear set back, with chimney stack on gable, to platform side. Chimney stack has upper courses corbelled out and
moulded cope. In angles between wing, main range and domestic range
single storey wooden shelter with glazed upper section and lean-to roofs.
WEST ELEVATION: Single storey with doorway, single window and bipartite window. Window details identical to those on platform front. Central semi-dormer with bipartite window and crow-stepped gablet. To L of dormer chimney stack with corbelled upper courses and moulded cope.
EAST ELEVATION: Full gable of wing single window at attic level. Small section of main range set back, to L and gable of domestic range set forward to R, with single and bipartite windows on ground floor, and chimney stack integral with gable.
REAR ELEVATION: Port heightened and flat-roofed. Gable of main range has two windows at attic level and later external stair above door.