Circa 1825. 2-storey, 3-bay, classically detailed house with
single storey, rear projection. Square, coursed rubble
with ashlar base course and dressings; raised margins.
12-pane glazing pattern to sash and case windows.
W ELEVATION: raised and pedimented bay at centre.
Pilastered doorpiece with deep, decorative fanlight and
panelled door. Unusual, wrought-iron lamp bracket in
wishbone form. Tripartite above. Broad pilasters to
outer angles. Moulded cornice and blocking course.
Single windows to outer bays.
E ELEVATION (rear): piend-roofed projection at ground to
right, converted to conservatory. 2 grouped 1st floor
windows at centre.
S ELEVATION: stair window at centre with blind window below
and flanking windows.
N ELEVATION: 3-bay with wide canted outer bay to left to
Slated piend roof. Octagonal stacks grouped in sets of 3.
INTERIOR: original features retained. Simple, classical,
marble chimneypieces. Panelled window shutters and
doors. Dado rails. Decorative plasterwork. Tripartite
inner door to vestibule with fanlight.
Small coach-house to E, contemporary, with pedimented W
entrance facade and depressed arch doorways. Circular
opening to pediment.
Rubble retaining wall with squared rubble, pyramid
capped, gatepiers, linked by coped quadrant walls.