Circa 1815, with additions by J M Dick Peddie and George Washington Browne, 1903. 2-storey on half-sunken basement 5-bay near symmetrical rectangular plan classical villa. Pale cream ashlar with long and short quoins; band course above basement; raised architraves and cills.
SE (FRONT) ELEVATION: central and outer bays bowed, with single central window to basement and 1st floor, pair of windows to principal floor. Entrance bay to right of centre with ashlar steps and railings spanning basement area; Tuscan pilastered and corniced doorpiece with panelled door and borderglazed, lying-pane fanlight; single window above. Bay to left of centre with windows to basement and 1st floor only. Cornice and blocking course.
NE ELEVATION: window to each floor at centre; further basement window to right; massive central wallhead stack.
NW (REAR) ELEVATION: extremely irregular fenestration to centre and left, blank to right. Basement door and stair window to centre left; garage door slapped through basement to centre right. Door and window to service flat to right.
SW ELEVATION: 3-bay. Recessed left bay, and centre bay with window to each floor; right bay blank. Wallhead stack to inner right.
12-pane timber and sash and case windows. Piend and platform roof; grey slates; coped, rendered stacks.
INTERIOR: much altered by addition of drawing room wing and removal of original stair, leaving large L-plan staircase/hall. Principal rooms of original villa refitted with panelling and woodwork in simple Edwardian Baroque manner to suit.
WALLED GARDEN: to S of house; polygonal (approx 50m by 30m max), on land falling to S. Rubble with ashlar coping.