Circa 1815. Symmetrical 2-storey and attic 3-bay classical house on raised basement. Cream sandstone ashlar; rusticated pilaster quoins; base and cill courses; eaves cornice with balustrade above, corner dies with ball finials; moulded architraves; frieze and cornice to ground floor windows; winodws to all bays on each floor; segmental-headed dormers. Coursed whinstone basement with cream ashlar dressings.
NE (FRONT) ELEVATION: 3-bay; moulded cill courses, central bay slightly advanced with parapet containing blank panel. Central stair with broader lower tread and sweeping cast-iron railings supported on whinstone wall oversailing basement recess; Roman Doric distyle corniced and balustraded porch with ball finials; pilasters frame tripartite doorpiece with 4-pane sidelights flanking flush-panelled door (Edinburgh handle) and decorative fanlight; tripartite window above with classically moulded hoodmould, but no further architrave. Flanking bays detailed as above. Dormer to each bay.
NW AND SE (SIDE) ELEVATION: 3 closely grouped bays, detailed as above. SW (REAR) ELEVATION: 3-bay, detailed as above; top-lit piended and flat-roofed later basement services project into area, terminating at retaining wall to SW. Dormers to outer bays (altered to left), and skylight to centre. 12-pane timber sash and case winodws, 4-pane to dormers. Piend and platform roof; rendered stacks with octagonal cans. Cast-iron downpipes.
INTERIOR: loby leads to inner top-lit staircase hall with delicate neo-Classical plasterwork; Dining Room to N with sideboard recess framed by Corinthian pilasters and cornice, Doric chimneypiece.
WALLED GARDEN AND OUTBUILDINGS: large rectangular walled garden with ashlar-coped rubble walls (approx 2m high) immediately to S of house; entrance through N wall next to gabled greenhouse; piend-roofed garage in NW corner with open NW end and outbuildigns to S.
GATEPIERS AND RAILINGS: to W, square ashlar piers with ball finials and wrought iron gate leading to stables.