Dated 1792, single-storey, 3-bay farmhouse, altered and heightened to 2 storeys 1826 (N skewputt on W gable dated). Boulder footings, random rubble ground fooor, more regular stugged and snecked rubble 1st floor, droved ashlar dressings, with droved tails; ashlar eaves band (below plastic rhone). Pitched slated roof, modern replacement ?zinc ridge, ashlar skews and skewputts, ashlar end stacks. Symmetrical, regular openings, windows at ground smaller than at 1st floor, window margins at ground with wide chamfered arrises; 1st floor windows larger, with droved ashlar margins, without chamfering. Timber sash and case windows with moulded horns and 12-pane glazing pattern to front and sides (reinstated 1995) 9-pane to kitchen and bathroom; large rear stair window, circa 1826 4-pane sash and case glazing pattern, and in rear wing, where 2 earlier, ?18th century moulded sash frames survive in altered form, astragals sawn off, plate glass glazing inserted at later date. Central entrance with 4-panel door (probably 1826) recessed in simple doorpiece, and plain rectangular fanlight; marriage lintel above 17 JB MG 92. W gable with single window to left at ground floor, blocked with brick at an early date (probably circa 1826), and retaining early, 18th century shutters within. E gable with single window to left at ground floor, and to right at 1st. N (REAR) ELEVATION: large central stair window between floors, single window to left at ground floor single window to right at 1st floor; ground floor to right masked by 19th century single-storey rear (kitchen, originally 2 rooms, a scullery plus larder/milk house) wing, one broad bay on plan, with half-piend slated roof. INTERIOR: low ceiling height in earlier, ground floor rooms; joinery work mainly of period of 1826 remodelling, including moulded doorpieces, cornice and white-painted timber chimeny-pieces. Some 18th century fragments, including shutters to window on W gable, and 6-panelled doors. Flagged floor to entrance hall; plain stair balustrade. E room has 2 recesses either side of window on N wall, originally to contain box beds. W room has original chimney piece. 1st floor principal rooms (from 1826): most of interior features survive from that date including cornicework, shutters and doorpieces, and panelled doors with raised mouldings. DAIRY: single-storey rubble and pantile outbuilding to N of house, with origianl glazing on rear (N) and end (E) elevations: fixed timber frames divided by centre timber mullion, 4 vertically-arranged lying panes to either side. 3 doors and single window on S elevation (altered circa 1920's). Low coped rubble ENCLOSING WALL in front of house to S; WALLED GARDEN, enclosed by coped rubble walls on 3 sides to E of house.
Statement of Special Interest
Evidence of previous attic rooms to original single storey property came to light in renovations of 1995, including blocked up window.
Steading to W of farmhouse now converted and altered as 2 modern dwellings: not included in listing. Some parts of this steading have been demolished. The byre, partially demolished, with only the E wall surviving (now a boundary wall), incorporated a dated lintel, 1719: this date-stone has now been re-used and incorporated into one of the converted steading buildings.
Up-graded category C(S) to B 14 June,1995