James Findlay, dated 1908. Single storey, basically rectangular-plan school, probably incorporating parts of earlier building to rear. Bull-faced snecked rubble to S, E and W, stugged snecked rubble to rear, ashlar dressings, piended slate roofs, swept at eaves. High base course; multi-pane and plate glass casement and top-hopper windows; bracketted eaves; gables with coped skews and kneelers at base; cast-iron rainwater goods with decorative hoppers; coped ridge stacks with rounded angles.
S ELEVATION: 5-light, flat-roofed transom and mullion window breaking through eaves at centre, 12-pane window to left and right; gable slightly advanced to outer left and right, tripartite, transom and mullion, keystoned segmental-headed window.
E AND W GABLES: blank.
N ELEVATION: later additions, mostly in character with original building; various door and windows, door to left return with Lintel marked ?boys entrance?.
INTERIOR: not seen.
BOUNDARY WALL, GATEPIERS, GATES AND PLAYSHEDS: round-coped rubble wall to N, S, E and W; 2 round-section, bull-faced snecked rubble gatepiers with rounded ogival caps, thistle motif iron gates; 2 playsheds with cast-iron columns and slate roofs.