Circa 1829, symmetrical neo-classical villa. Single storey and basement with fine polished grey sandstone ashlar entrance (S) elevation and red sandstone rubble rear elevations; double bow-ended plan, wide, 3-bay S front with colonnaded bowed entrance portico, narrow on plan (single apartment depth); later gabled rear wing of stugged red sandstone rubble. Roofless, with rear and end walls partially collapsed, interior mostly lost (1992).
S ELEVATION: wide, symmetrical front, 3 bays slightly advanced in front of semi-circular bowed ends; plinth with recessed panel at ground, broadeaves band, cornice and blocking course. Broad shallow-projecting bowed and colonnaded portico centrepiece, raised on plinth, with tetrastyle Greek Doric order in antis, columns three-quarter fluted (lower quarter plain), squarep-plan abaci, entablature without frieze, shallow projecting cornice and blocking course; door to centre and narrow full-height windows flanking (boarded up in 1959 photographs). Mullioned tripartite windows to either side, orignally with sash and case glazing, 12-pane to main windows, 4-pane (2 over 2) to side lights.
REAR ELEVATION: grey sandtsone polished ashlar tripartite set into red rubble rear wall, and enclosed by later rear wing addition. Small compartment in rear (NE) re-entrant angle. 3-bay rear wing with brick apex stack, extended at a later date by a single bay, with 3 regular openings at ground on N gable.
INTERIOR: fireplaces at centre of rear (N) walls in each of 2 apartments, single windows flanking in right hand (E) apartment (see NOTES).