Possibly James Burn, circa 1824. Severe, classical 2-storey, 3-bay house with basement, single storey, single bay recessed pavilions. Coursed cream, sandstone shlar; broad corner pilasters, base course, cill course, eaves course, cornice and blocking course.
NW ELEVATION: ashlar steps oversailing basement to entrance in advanced central bay, columned doorpiece with entablature. Segmental fanlight with bordered glazing. Corniced windows with moulded architraves flanking at ground. 2 segmentally arched windows at basement. 3 smaller windows at 1st floor. side elevations with regular fenestration; one blind window to each side. Recessed pavilions; tripartite windows with column-mullions and corncie in segmentally arched panel. Door to basement at left. Blind window on each return.
SE ELEVATION: garden front, slightly recessed bay at centre; 3 windows to each floor and basement, window at ground left with modern lean-to conservatory addition. Later bipartite with wooden mullion at centre ground, and to pavilions. Iron ars to some basement windows. Blind window to centre at 1st floor. Door with forestair to right pavilion. Sash and case windows with 12-pane glazing pattern, lying-pane glazing to pavilions. Grey slates to piend and platform roofs, with central cupola, raised, coped stacks.
INTERIOR: top-lit stairwell, stone-stair with snake and stem wrought-iron balustrade. Decorative plasterwork cornices, ceiling roses, corniced doorcases with shell frieze to principal rooms. Drawing room chimneypiece of white marble with Roman Doric columns and Ganymede with eagle tablet.