Built circa 1820 and thoroughly renovated in 1877; steeple
dated 1843. Square-plan church on raised basement. Prominent
painted ashlar, advanced, 5-stage tall tower, corniced
between stages, with spire, at south. Tall 1st stage, blocked round-arched door, round-arched window above; 2nd stage with
angle margins, paired round-arched windows and date
MDCCCXLIII cut by James Park, mason. 3rd stage with angle
pilasters supporting finials and single light; 4th octagonal
with margins and clock in 4 faces. 5th with angle pilasters
and louvred round-arched openings to alternate faces.
Faceted spire and capping weather vane. 4 tall round-arched
windows on south elevation flanking tower, 3 to side
elevations. North entrance elevation has band course over
basement door at head of flight of steps single window
rising into gable. Piended slate roof. Galleried interior.
Square-plan gatepiers have corniced caps; decorative cast