Circa 1860. L-plan block, comprising stables in E wing (lying NS), linked to coach-house to W in EW oriented wing; kennels enclosure attached at N end of stable block. Enclosing wall with pair gatepiers to W. 17th century Scots revival style, with crowstepped gables and steeply pitched slated roofs. Stugged and squared sandstone with polished ashlar raised long and short quoins and dressings, chamfered arrises. Beak skewputts. Asymmetrical ridge and wallhead stacks.
STABLE BLOCK: single storey and attic/single storey and loft. End (N) bay containing domestic accommodation at ground and 1st floors. W (courtyard) elevation; left-hand domestic bay with single window at ground, dormer headed window with crowstepped gablet over sash and case glazing with 2-pane lower and 8-pane upper sashes. Entrance centre in slightly projecting polished ashlar doorpiece with beaked skews and raised heraldic shield with "JP" inscribed in tympanum, chamfered arrises to door.
S GABLE: stable entrance off-centre with boarded door and 3-pane fanlight, 2-leaf boarded doors in central hayloft opening over.
E FLANK: range of shallow segmental arched windows with 2-pane hopper glazing corresponding with 5 stalls within to left, wallhead stack off-centre to right, domestic bay far right with off-centre sash and case windwos at ground. Catslide vent openings to E. Original cast-iron stalls and timberwork within, including panelled door with stop-chamfered detail.
COACH HOUSE: and coachman's accommodation; to S in EW wing. 2-storey. L-plan to N courtyard front, gable projecting to left with coach house at ground with wide boarded doors, living accommodation over. Recessed single bay containing entrance to upper floor and single dormer headed window over. Tall narrow crowstepped gable to W. Broad crowstepped gable containing 2 floors of living accommodation to S. Gable to left swept asymmetrically down to level of ground floor lintels, irregular fenestration. Coach house linked by single storey 2-bay block to E stable block.