Buildings of various dates, now (1994) all forming part of Rodel Hotel. Nucleus is the former MacLeod mansion, a tall gabled range, 2 storeys with attic, possibly altered in the course of the various building works carried out by MacLeod of Harris in the 1780's. Buildings mostly harled and slate-roofed, windows mostly sashes; additions to north in corrugated iron.
TALL RANGE has 2-bay gable facing Rodel Harbour, asymmetrically-placed openings on (west) front wall (ie elevation does not divide into conventional bay divisions; 8-pane glazing pattern except at wall-head attic dormers); entrance in a 2-storey piend-roofed square projection, possibly an addition of circa 1840, judging by fenestration (lying-panes, timber-mullioned bipartite at first floor). At rear, steel fire escape to swept-roofed attic doorway which has the appearance of a loft door on an industrial building. Skews; ashlar end stacks.
GABLED LOW RANGE, parallel, at rear, and longer, may equally date from the 1780's, possibly coach house/stables; alternatively, it had some industrial purpose originally; 4 end/ridge stacks; adjoining range to rear, at south end, forming L-plan and fronting harbour, is roofless (1994). Also fronting harbour, linked at NW corner of tall range is a piend-roofed low, MID-19TH CENTURY WING; 4 bays - spaced: 3 with centre door, flanking canted window left, bipartite right, outer stacks; plus single-window linking bay, right, like an afterthought to the original design (though roof slates all look uniform suggesting all one build); steps to door, horizontal glazing pattern (of different type to that on tall block). To north, and adjoining the last-mentioned range, gabled,
corrugated-iron ranges with original glazing. Another low harled 19th century range is set close to north gable of tall range. Rubble-walled extensive garden enclosure to north; driveway/forecourt quayed at south at harbour, rubble walls and gatepiers at pier.