Probably c.1880. School and schoolhouse set side by side and in similar style to one another, with round-arched openings; school with plainer addition of early 20th century, modern wings at rear. Rubble-built, squared dressings, slate roofs.
SCHOOLHOUSE: single storey and attic, round-arched openings, 2 bays with wide gabled bay to left (ground floor bipartite), doorway to right, gabled dormer over. 2-leaf boarded door with 3-pane semi-circular fanlight; glazing throughout sashes with small, near-square panes, astragals removed from dormer. End stacks.
SCHOOL: originally, front near symmetrical, stepped 3-light window in wide centre gable projecting from body of school, gables recessed on either side (with bipartite left, single window to right); on body of building, to left, a modern slapping; to right, a link with early 20th century range, the latter having 3-bay L-plan front with flat-lintelled windows, concrete dressings, modern porch in re-entrant angle. Roof ventilators; stacks over original building. Modern glazing throughout, in traditional style.