Attributed to James Findlay, dated 1913; earlier 20th century addition to N. Single storey, U-plan school. Original building bull-faced snecked rubble, ashlar dressings, grey slate roof. High base course, variously grouped 6-pane top-hopper windows, tripartite and transomed 10-pane top-hoppers to S gables; large panelled wallhead kneelers and coped skews to gables; steeply pitched, piended bell-cast roof with modillioned eaves, coped stacks with uniform cream cans; cast-iron rainwater goods, decorative dated hopper to S elevation; coped ridge stacks. Addition rendered as bull-faced snecked rubble, rendered and lined as ashlar at rear, piended slate roof; variously grouped 6-pane top-hopper windows.
E ELEVATION: entrance porch slightly advanced to centre left, checked doorcase with ?boys? inscribed at lintel, corniced parapet; 2 bipartite windows to left, bipartite to right flanked by single windows; recessed bay to far right, 4-light window to corniced outshot bay, single window recessed to right.
S ELEVATION: slightly advanced paired gables to centre, 4-light window to left, 5-light window to right, slightly advanced gables to far left and right.
W ELEVATION: original wall to right blank, tripartite window breaking through eaves to left return; later additions to left.
N ELEVATION: 2 tripartite windows to flat-roofed bay at centre,
2 multi-pane flat-roofed dormers to main roof; wings advanced to left and right in 2 stages with various doors and windows.
INTERIOR: 1st World War memorial and classical pedimented Dux medallists board in hall.
BOUNDARY WALL: low boundary wall to E with cast-iron railings.
Statement of Special Interest
This building is stylistically similar to Longforgan Primary School by James Findlay, listed below. This latter building forms part of a
B group with the earlier school building and The Old School House,
St Columba?s Church and Hall, All Souls? Episcopal Church, the Old Rectory, and the Old Rectory Former Coach House/Stables. The earlier school building is listed separately.