Dated 1772, interior thoroughly renovated 1879, Robert A.
Bryden of Clarke & Bell, architect. Symmmetrical T-plan
church with 5-stage tower on long north west elevation, later
additions flanking tower and at rear. Body of church harled,
with ashlar dressings and rusticated quoins; tower and
flanking additions stugged ashlar with rusticated quoins; 3rd
& 4th stages of tower with angle margins. Original entrance
at base of tower with pilastered jambs and round-arched
head, now blocked and filled with war memorial; oculus
inserted in corniced 2nd stage, 3rd & 4th stages each set
back, small round-arched window in former, clock in square
panel in latter, bellcote above with bell-cast roof; ball
finial and weathervane. Entrance in addition to north east
of tower. Tall round-arched windows in each outer bay of
north west elevation, all windows to the front with
keystones. Remaining elevations with square-headed windows to
ground and gallery levels. Piended slate roof.
Interior: galleries with panelled fronts, and supported on
slender cast-iron columns. Pulpit has pilastered round-headed
niche with shell hood and is flanked by organ pipes in
pilastered cases. Panelled ceiling. Some leaded glass panels.