John Davidson and Thomas Macfarlane, 1828-9. 4-bay T-plan symmetrical Parliamentary style church on site sloping to E. Harled walls with stugged and droved sandstone ashlar margins. Eaves course. 4-centred arched windows with modern timber tracery and glazing, and projecting, sloping cills.
E (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: symmetrical, windows flanking centre, 2-leaf vertically boarded timber doors in 3-centred arched openings in bays to outer left and right.
S ELEVATION: neo-classical concrete war memorial at ground to right, single pointed-arched window rising into gablehead surmounted by stugged sandstone bellcote on square plinth.
W (REAR) ELEVATION: rear wing with blank gable advanced at centre; enclosure of circa 1910 in re entrant at left comprised of decorative gothic cast iron railing on concrete dwarf wall.
N ELEVATION: window rising into gablehead surmounted by stone cross.
Modern slate roof with sandstone ashlar skew copes.
INTERIOR: flagged entrance porches to N and S; 6-panel doors leading to vestibules behind vertically boarded timber screens with trefoil cresting. Pointed arched vertically boarded timber doors accessing hall; timber fittings including horizontally boarded wainscoting, pews, pew lined enclosure to panelled semi octagonal pulpit centring E wall with pilastered back rising to octagonal corniced canopy. Roll moulded cornice with coved plain plaster ceiling above.
KIRKYARD WALL AND GATEPIERS: rubble wall enclosing rectangular kirkyard; stugged sandstone square gatepiers with modern timber gates to E and W of S wall.