Circa 1840. Asymmetrical 2-storey, 4-bay house with slightly
advanced, pedimented, 3-storey entrance bay, low 2-storey
2-bay wing to north. Ashlar. Recessed door with sidelights
approached by balustraded steps, balustraded porch supported
on 2 pairs of Roman Doric columns: corniced, round-headed
bipartite above. 2nd floor has urns recessed in curved
angles; 1 window and eaves band and angle margins, mutule
cornice and blank crest to pediment. Projecting balustraded
ground floor bipartite in left bay. Round-headed tripartite
to right. Three 4-pane sashes in 1st floor windows. Sash
windows throughout; Deep projecting eaves; single and grouped
corniced stacks and piended slate roof, gabled over central
bay. Low wing to north in coursed squared whinstone with
ashlar dressings, gabled outer bay; variety of windows.
South elevation; slightly advanced, pedimented left bay.
Single, bipartite and canted windows.
Interior: some decorative plasterwork and late 19th century
wooden panelling. Square, panelled gatepiers with mutule
cornices; cast-iron gates.
Bridge is probably circa 1840. Single span round-arched
bridge over deep gully. Coursed rubble, balustraded parapet,
square piers and splayed south approach all ashlar.