Built 1837. 4-storey block with lofts, 11 bays, originally
south east wing of 1789 mill burned 1878. Rubble-built with
ashlar margins. Former boiler house, engine house, retort
house and square brick chimney stump to north east. Central
door in south west gable and opening at each level above;
round-headed loft opening. Enclosed shaft projects north
westwards from west corner. South east elevation: ground
floor windows have lowered cills, mock basement window
lintels below. Altered glazing to ground and 1st floor,
mostly original 12-pane casement windows above. Slate roof.
Boiler house has 3 tall, round-headed openings (one blocked)
on south west elevation, rectangular loft opening above
flanked by blocked oculi: adjoining retort house has 2
round-headed window openings to same elevation.
Original machinery all removed.