William Burn, circa 1820. Asymmetrical single storey, 3-bay Tudor-Gothic gatelodge with advanced, gabled bay to outer left. Droved yellow sandstone ashlar; polished sandstone dressings. Raised base course; corniced canted window flanking entrance; moulded eaves. Architraved, polished hoodmoulds to chamfered openings; chamfered cills; stone mullions. Single storey harl-pointed red rubble sandstone outbuilding at rear; red rubble quoins; tooled long and short surrounds to openings.
NE (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: projecting porch centred at ground comprising single octagonal pier flanking Tudor-arched surround; timber panelled door recessed within; tripartite fanlight. Bipartite window in bay to outer right; 3-light canted window (bipartite to front) centred in gabled bay to outer left (aligned with porch); blank armorial panel in apex above.
SE (SIDE) ELEVATION: 4-bay. Part-glazed boarded timber door in penultimate bay to outer left; projecting square-plan columnar porch; flanking bipartite windows; bipartite window centred in gabled bay to outer right; blank armorial panel in apex above.
Predominantly 4-pane, lying-pane timber sash and case glazing; some 4-pane top-hopper windows. Graded grey slate roof; raised stone skews; replacement rainwater goods; corniced sandstone octagonal flues.
INTERIOR: not seen 1996.
SE (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION OUTBUILDING: boarded timber door off-set to right of centre. Graded grey slate piended roof; cast-iron rainwater goods.
GATEPIERS AND GATES: single octagonal pier to NE; paired octagonal piers flanking entrance. Decorative wrought-iron vehicular and pedestrian access gates comprising foliate borders, stylised patterns, inset coloured armorial panels. ESTATE BOUNDARY WALLS AND RAILINGS: ashlar coping to curved, droved yellow sandstone walls flanking gates; low coped curved wall with surmounting wrought-iron railings to NE.