Possibly Alexander McGill, 1728-30; vaulted mortuary chamber, Robert Weir Schultz, 1901. Single storey, 6-bay near-symmetrical, T-plan former Presbyterian church with projecting 2-storey wing centred at rear; red sandstone ashlar bellcotes surmounting pedimented gables to E and W. Harled S and NW elevations; harl-pointed red rubble sandstone to E, NE and W; red sandstone dressings. Raised red sandstone base course; slightly swept overhanging eaves. Prominent ashlar quoins; raised long and short surrounds to Y-traceried, round-arched bipartite windows to front (sandstone mullions); plain polished margins to remaining openings at sides and rear. Red sandstone stair to former laird?s loft in projecting wing at rear.
S (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: boarded timber doors at ground in 2 bays flanking centre; Y-traceried bipartite openings in remaining bays to outer left and right.
E (SIDE) ELEVATION: 2-leaf boarded timber door centred at ground; round-arched fanlight; single doorways (blocked) in bays to outer left and right. Bullseye window centred in pedimented gable; round-arched louvred openings in ogee-roofed, corniced, square-plan bellcote above; ball-shaped finial.
N (REAR) ELEVATION: projecting wing at centre comprising ball-finialed stair to 2-leaf boarded timber door centred at 1st floor (entrance former laird's loft); single opening at ground off-set to right of centre. Blind bays recessed to outer left and right.
Predominantly small-pane timber glazing. Graded grey slate piended roof; raised red sandstone skews to pedimented gables; replacement cast-iron rainwater goods.
INTERIOR: extensive flood damage circa 1994. Heraldic panels adorning timber panelled balcony above red sandstone ashlar vaulted mortuary chamber (Robert Weir Schultz); white marble sarcophagi containing 3rd Marquess of Bute and wife centred within. Classically-detailed timber panelled pulpit; boarded timber dado. Classical reredos comprising variegated marbles and alabaster; engaged Corinthian columns flanking central mural; heavy cornice.
GRAVEYARD: various burial stones to front including free-standing, carved Celtic-style cross; figurative statue of Christ to S.