J, J M and W H Hay of Liverpool, 1855. Single storey, 6-bay, L-plan former school. Snecked rubble with contrasting ashlar dressings. Base and eaves courses. Pointed-arch door, trefoil-headed and basket-arched windows. Stone mullions and chamfered arrises.
W (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: slightly advanced gabled bay to right with raised centre 4-light window and relieving arch, boarded timber door with decorative ironwork hinges in recessed bay to left and 2-stage stack piercing eaves to outer left angle.
S (NORTH BACK DYKES) ELEVATION: 6 regularly-disposed square-headed windows, basket-arched and ogee-moulded. Schoolhouse (listed separately) adjoining to outer right.
N ELEVATION: gabled bay to right with trefoil-headed tripartite and stack (see above) to outer right angle; recessed bays to left obscured by modern flat-roofed extension, wallhead stack to left replaced in brick. Schoolhouse adjoining at outer left.
Diamond-pattern leaded glazing to N, that to W retaining latticed trefoils over 4- and 5-pane glazing patterns; horizontal 10-pane glazing pattern in timber sash and case windows to S. Grey slates. Coped ashlar stack with polygonal can, and coped shouldered brick stack with can. Stepped ashlar-coped skews with moulded skewputts.
INTERIOR: boarded dado; hammerbeam roof on stone corbels.
BOUNDARY WALLS, GATEPIERS AND GATES: low brick boundary wall with semicircular stone coping (formerly with inset railings). Flat-coped, square-section ashlar gatepiers with ironwork gates.