1788, early 19th century (prior to 1836) additions and further modern alterations. 2-storey, 3-bay, L-plan house with single storey wings, that to left with piend and platform roof. Squared and snecked dressed rubble with ashlar dressings, harl to north and east. Stone mullions.
South (Principal) Elevation: wide entrance slapping with modern door in bay to left, bipartite window to centre and canted window to right, regular fenestration to 1st floor, and corniced dies with carved urn finials to outer angles. Slightly advanced wing to outer left with wide centre tripartite window. Small piended wing with window to outer right.
West Elevation: 4 windows (that to right of centre narrower) with band course at centre giving way to timpany gable with blind roundel and tall stack. Small window in gablehead of main block behind.
East Elevation: single storey bay projecting to left of centre with window to right, lower slightly recessed bay (also projecting) to centre with door on return to right, both piended. Bipartite window to outer right recessed bay.
North Elevation: stair window to centre in canted bay below catslide roof, windows to right at each floor and small outbuilding projecting to outer right. Advanced gable to left of centre with modern garage door slapping at ground, windows to outer right and left above, and window in low lean-to extension on return to right with further dormerheaded-window above.
4-, 8- and 12-pane glazing patterns in timber sash and case windows; margined stair window. Grey slates. Coped ashlar stacks with cans; sawtooth ashlar-coped skews and block skewputts with urn finials to south.
INTERIOR: not seen 1998.
EAST WALL: dated 1634. Parapet wall (average 3 ft high) in dry rubble with flat coping, carved stone urns (modern) on raised plinths and inset initialled datestone to southeast, further badly eroded carved stone to northeast.
GATEPIERS, GATES AND BOUNDARY WALLS: square-section, corniced ashlar gatepiers and decorative cast-iron gates to west; small square-section, ball-finialled gatepiers to east adjoining separately listed east wall. Coped rubble boundary walls.
Statement of Special Interest
The New Statistical Account reported that "The manse, which is a commodious house, was built in 1788; and during the present incumbency, a considerable addition was made to it."
In the south garden is the Manse Standing Stone, which is Scheduled Monument No 152.
Listed building record updated in 2015.