1774, 2-storey and basement, 3-bay villa, with bowed
single storey and basement wings, 1821; further 19th
century additions at rear; cantilevered, canted windows
added to S elevation circa 1900, regrettable modern
doorway replacing earlier porch. Squared and course
masonry with ashlar dressings, heavy pointing; droved
ashlar bows and ashlar canted bays; moulded cornice,
S ELEVATION: eaves cornice; flight of stone steps to
unfortunate modern doorway at centre; narrow window
flanking to left; original 1st floor window retained at
centre; cast-iron brackets to corniced, cantilevered and
canted windows flanking, with basement windows under;
2 slate-hung, canted late 19th century dormer windows
and 1 piend roofed at centre. 3-light bowed wings with
cornice and blocking course; tall windows and basement
windows under; piend roofs; tall window to each return
elevation at centre.
Plate glass glazing pattern in sash and case windows of
main villa; multi-pane glazing to bowed wings. Grey
slates; corniced end stacks.
RETAINING WALLS AND PIERS: rubble retaining walls with
ashlar coping; painted ashlar, corniced gatepiers with
pyramidal caps by former stable range to NW.