After designs by John Craig, circa 1792. 2-storey
quadrangular Classical stable court, incorporating mid
18th century fabric in NW range. Grey sandstone ashlar
facades to SE and NE ranges, base, band and string
course at impost level, moulded cornice and blocking
course; squared and coursed sandstone to courtyard
elevations; variegated sandstone rubble with droved
ashlar dressings to remaining work of circa 1792, some
harl-pointing; ashlar dressings to mid 18th century
SE RANGE: main range 9-bay, with lower 2-storey,
3 bays closing range to outer left; polished ashlar,
coupled Roman Doric columns to pedimented entrance bay
at centre, with frieze, and segmental arch to pend.
3 bays flanking each side with tall windows at ground and
smaller windows above (7 of which are blinded); Doric
pilasters flanking outer bays with window at ground and
entablature and blank tablet above. Round-arched,
recessed panels to outer left bays, with blinded
windows, and small windows above. Courtyard facades with
fanlit doors and windows.
NE RANGE: 6-bay. 2 blind segmentally arched panels at
centre, flanked by Doric pilasters and pedimented;
flanking bays with tall windows at ground and smaller
above, some blinded. Fanlit doors and segmentally arched
carriage doors to courtyard elevation.
SW RANGE: 2 piend-roofed buildings, linked at centre,
with segmental carriage doors to right; further doors
and windows at ground and hayloft openings above.
NW RANGE: former 2-storey 18th century farmhouse to N,
with 3 closely grouped bays to courtyard elevation, and
adjoined to N by contemporary extension; further 18th
century buildings completing range to W, with lower
pitched roof, and lean-to rubble outbuilding. End
elevations of SW and NE ranges projecting at outer ends.
Small-pane glazing patterns to sash and case windows.
Grey slates; coped stacks; ashlar coped skews to NW