Mid 18th century, extended and remodelled (dated) 1885. Irregular-plan farmhouse formed by original 2-storey and attic, rectangular-plan, 5-bay main block with lower 2-storey service wing to rear and further later single storey additions re-entrant angle. Original building harled (dry-dashed at E and W gables), rubble with stugged ashlar dressings elsewhere, slate roof. Original building; quoin strips, 8-pane sash and case windows with chamfered margins, bracketted eaves, ashlar and brick and stacks, bell-cast roof. 2-storey service wing; some 12-pane sash and case windows, brick end stacks. 1885 additions; mostly 4-pane sash and case windows, piended roofs.
S ELEVATION: symmetrical. Slightly advanced, stugged ashlar gabled entrance to centre, panelled door with fanlight, chamfered arrises, half-timbered gable with deep eaves, plain bargeboards, cast-iron finial (see NOTES). 2 windows to ground and 1st floors left and right; 2 wallhead gables with narrow round-headed boarded and ashlar-margined apertures.
E ELEVATION: gable to left, blank at ground and 1st floor, ground floor slightly advanced, 12-pane window to attic. Bay to right, slightly recessed, asymmetrical; door, window to left, blocked window to right, 2 windows to 1st floor, window to ground floor right return.
W ELEVATION: blank gable to right; single storey wing to left,
2 windows, tall octagonal ridge stack, window and door to small service court at left return.
N ELEVATION: single storey bay advanced to centre left, window and boarded opening, sculpted thistle motif to centre.
INTERIOR: not fully seen. Original chimneypieces at ground floor removed; some window shutters have fielded panels.
WALLED GARDEN AND ENCLOSING WALL: rubble walled garden adjoining house to E formed by wall to N and E; rubble enclosing wall.